If you’ve ever opened your closet door and groaned, you’re not alone. Figuring out what to wear can be overwhelming sometimes. It’s even harder when the seasons are about to change. Especially if you have a limited budget. Here are my tips to help you figure out the essentials you’ll need this fall:
1. Choose a time with no distractions and a peaceful place where you can fully relax. If this is your back patio on morning at 5:00 am, so be it! Bring along a cup or glass of your favourite beverage. Also have a pen and paper or your tablet with you.
2. Think about your lifestyle. Think about the clothes you wear most often in the fall and are happiest in. Don’t worry if this seems overwhelming. My expert stylists and I at Anne's on the Avenue can help you sort everything out. So just write it all down.
3. Once you have identified the clothing styles that most fit your fall lifestyle and make you the happiest, it’s time to visit your closet. Move all the pieces of clothing that don’t fit this profile to the back. We want to focus on fall attire!
4. Separate the fall clothes you wear often into two groups: foundation pieces (those you can mix and match with almost anything, like a black pair of pants or a grey turtleneck) and stand-alone attire.
5. Try on your foundation pieces. Make sure they still fit and look great. They should make you feel stylish and confident. Remove any item that doesn’t make the cut! (Consider donating these retired items to charity.) Any foundation pieces that are no longer acceptable should be placed on your fall “to buy” list.
6. With your foundation pieces in mind, mix and match other fall items from your wardrobe with them like colourful or patterned tunic and tops. If you are tired of your choices, add a few to your “to buy” list. Even tight fall budgets can accommodate at least one or two new trendy pieces to freshen things up. Consider purchasing a lacy, high collar top or brocade skirt or jacket.
Are you still overwhelmed? Bring your list of favourite fall clothes to my premiere boutique, Anne's on the Avenue. We can help you build a fabulous fall wardrobe around them. Your fashion is our passion! Did you know we’ve moved to a new location? We are now in the prestigious East Pointe Trails Plaza at 1695 Manning Road, right here in Tecumseh.
Remember ladies: Your best style is confidence.